Saturday, March 19, 2011

A little table-ma-bob and St. Patrick's Day Foodfest

I'M FULL JUST LOOKING AT THESE PICTURES.
Today was a day full of cleaning, cooking, eating, and entertaining. We're completely exhausted now, but it was totally worth it. Check out the food my husband made!

Irish Soda Bread (one with raisins and one without).

Brown Bread.

4 meat pies. 2 French Meat Pies (ground beef, potatoes, onions, and cloves with a butter pie crust) and 2 Steak and Squab Pies (steak, substituted squab with chicken, mushrooms, onions, beer, and allspice with the same crust).

Leg of lamb.

He also made fish chowder, colcannon (mashed potatoes with cabbage), and an Irish apple tart. It was all so delicious. We ate a ton and have a fridge piled with leftovers, but our tummies are so very happy. Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone!

IT'S A SIDETABLE THINGY.
And just to make sure I actually mention furniture in this post, here's a little table I've been working on. My parents gave it to me because it didn't match the furniture in their home. It's a little rickety and the dark wood gives it a dated look, so I'm using a little wood glue and working on painting it white to go with one of the French chairs I recently reupholstered.

I'm not sure what you would call this kind of table or what style it is. If any of you know I'd be thankful for the info! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment