Friday, March 25, 2011

Spooning at the Estate Sale

PLEASE TELL ME THIS POST IS ABOUT A SPOON AND NOT SOMETHING ELSE WE DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT.
Here's a little find that deserves a whole post. It's a silver-plated sugar spoon I bought at an estate sale. The mark on it is WM Rogers and Son and it's the perfect thing to use when drinking tea in my new/old ironstone teacup and saucer.

I'm strictly a tea drinker. I've always wanted to like coffee but finally admitted that it just wasn't my cup of tea. HAH! Hilarious aren't I? I'm a little odd though, and not just because of that terrible joke, but because I prefer black tea. My favorites are Irish or English breakfast, but I drink it like the Chinese girl that I am. No milk or sugar. Guess I'm going to have to change that with my new spoon! Or I could always reserve it for guests when I have tea parties. Nothing's better than high tea! Well maybe having your husband make all the tea sandwiches and scones is a close second.

0 comments:

Post a Comment