Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bicycle Tricycle Love

I wanted to share a little bicycle painting I made for my new Lovely Beasts Etsy shop. My husband loves bikes and somehow he's convinced me that we need 10 bikes between the 2 of us. I guess we need different bikes for different terrains and different occasions. And that doesn't even count the one we have stored away for Annie, a rusty radio flyer tricycle that he picked up off the curb before she was born and hopes to fix up soon. My husband's relationship with our daughter and his relationship with bicycles helped me come up with this:


The heart is from a recycled bicycle tire that my husband wore thin on the streets of Boston. It's a mini 4x4 canvas which has become my favorite size to paint.

Hope you all like it as much as I do!

Love the Beasts,
Emily

2 comments:

  1. I heart bicycle love! It's so cute! We just sold a radio flyer trike at our garage slae b/c we have too many! :) FINALLY found a box for the grainsacks (at school no less, we went back this week- (I teach)). Go to {PRIMP'S} Wed. Party- there is a great feature on there on grainsack pumpkins (a how-to). Your daughter's name is Annie...now I know we are bff for sure. Hugs, Andrea @ townandprairie

    ReplyDelete