Monday, September 19, 2011

Releasing A Chair Into The Wild

Maine. Where else can you find yard/tent sales on a Monday? Today Momma, Annie, and I went to Farmington Fair and on the way we stopped at a giant yard sale on the side of the road and immediately we were greeted by this great sofa set.
 

Really cute, but that really didn't matter because my in-laws didn't need anymore furniture and we had a Toyota Yaris which already had a child seat and large radio flyer wagon in the back. By some miracle however, we were able to squeeze in a chair. Yes, I bought a chair even though I live 45349504385 miles away. My mother-in-law convinced me to buy the thing and work on it over the next week, and we'd figure out what to do with it later. We now have a plan, but it's a secret plan. I'll still show you the makeover though! If I get it done in time of course.

Here are the 2 items I've purchased here in Maine. A vintage wire egg basket and a $3 chair covered in what appears to be textured pleather. Blech, the stuff feels gross.

And here I have a photo log of what happens when you release a chair into the wilderness. It explores the unfamiliar territory, tentatively collecting discarded relics, all the while making sure the photographer catches its best angles.

Yup, I'm aware how strange I am. I couldn't help but take these pictures on my in-laws' property and then we couldn't stop laughing at the pictures afterwards. We joked about releasing the furniture into its natural habitat, and if my chair were an author these would be the types of pictures he would take for his book flap. Hah!...well, I thought it was funny :).

Love the Beasts,
Emily

5 comments:

  1. I am laughing too, Emily:) I love your sense of humour and can't wait to see what you do with the wild chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the chair made over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sense of humor!!!! Can't wait to see what you do with the chair :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your product and we gotta talk projects soon! Have a great vacay! andrea @ townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are hysterical Emily! It looks right at home in it's natural habitat. Lol! I guess the lovely beasts find you wherever you are! :-) Have a great rest of your time there!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete