Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday Thrift Find: Creamer and a Curtained Shelf

WHAT'S THAT THING IN THE BACKGROUND? IS SHE GOING TO USE IT FOR PUPPET SHOWS?
Today while Aine and I were visiting my mom, we stopped at a couple thrift stores and I went home with these two things!

The little white pitcher is a Pfaltzgraff creamer in their Heritage pattern. I'd love if it was an antique, but I'm fine that it's not because I got it for 50 cents! And guess how much I spent on the other thing? The best way to describe it is a wood-curtained shelf. So what do you think? Ready? 50 cents! These aren't things I had to have, but how can you walk away from a price like that? I bought them both from the same place and we were lucky that the thrift store was having a 50% off sale on housewares that day. I mean $1 for each is a great deal, but $1 for both is unheard of!

Now, what to do with the shelf? The fabric is off-white with a small blue flower pattern and it looks brand new. No need to replace it! So should I put magazines in it? Use it as a bathroom caddy to store lotions and soaps? Put little potted plants in it? Wait until Aine gets a little older so she can use it as a doll crib? Or maybe we could hang it upside down as a curtain valence for her future play kitchen? And of course, yes, I could use it for puppet shows. So many possibilities for just 2 quarters. I think everyone can agree that these are the thrifty deals that we live for!

1 comment:

  1. I thought magazines when I saw it.

    Great finds.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete