Sunday, April 10, 2011

Teapots and tables and birthdays and bicycles, these are a few of my favorite things

I BET I CAN GUESS WHAT SONG YOU HAVE STUCK IN YOUR HEAD.
We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Annie's first birthday. Yesterday my family came over to play with her, open presents, and eat birthday pie and cake. Today my husband and I brought her on her first bike ride. She loved it! I think we really wore her out though because she fell asleep an hour earlier than normal. I guess she wanted to give us a little gift too!

So after waiting 24 hours for the superglue on my duck teapot lamp to dry (from this post), I attached the lampshade and voila! Just a little fix and my unique little lamp looks brand new.

I think we're going to keep this one for our bedroom. I considered selling it but my husband really likes it, and when he shows interest in any of my pieces I'm happy to agree to add it to our collection!

And here's what I've been working on lately.

It's my "Blue Boy" dining table! In these pictures it's standing up because I couldn't bring it down by myself. That thing is super heavy! When I bought it, the table had a couple large white water stains and scratches all over the place so I decided to strip and re-stain it. Right now I'm in the process of stripping the top using water-based paint/varnish remover and an electric hand sander. Unfortunately, I've only had the opportunity to work on it once a week because it's at my parent's house, but I'm spending a whole day this weekend at their place and hope to have it done by the end of this week. After that, it'll be on it's way to a nearby consignment store. And from there, maybe a new home!

Linking to:

0 comments:

Post a Comment