Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Icebox Side Table

Last week I mentioned that I found my go-to thrift store and was able to bring home something great. Here he is!

It's a walnut icebox-style side table/end table/cabinet with storage. I've always loved the old icebox refrigerators but they're usually expensive, extremely heavy, and can take up a lot of room. This is the next best thing! It's a White Clad made by Simmons Hardware.

Love the brass against the walnut, and no rusting to be seen! It's in almost perfect condition so I decided not to change a thing! Just a bit of cleaning and vacuuming (to get rid of the spiderwebs) and today I brought it in to Grace Hart & Co. (the store I consign with).


Don't you love the door handle? It's the best part. I was very tempted to keep the table, but I'm sticking to my promise of not holding onto anything that I don't need. So bye bye icebox! Hello headboard.

Hoping to have her reveal on Friday. Hooray!

Emily

2 comments:

  1. I soooooo love the headboard. Is this one a keeper because I can't wait to see it all painted and on a lovely made bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I would have had a hard time parting with it for sure.

    And I can't wait to see the headboard!

    ReplyDelete