Thursday, May 10, 2012

Vintage Wallpaper Step Stool

Remember this vintage wallpaper I got for free?

Well I used it again! This time I cut out the farm scenes for Annie's little step stool. I bought the stool on half-off furniture day at Goodwill for $4, but didn't love the floral paper used on top (sorry no before picture). I didn't particularly love the color of the stool either, but when I looked for new paper to cover the stool it struck me that it went with the green in the wallpaper perfectly. I used Mod Podge to glue the paper on and sealed it with the same stuff after it dried. Although the wallpaper is old, it still has a little glue on the back which helped it adhere more easily to the steps. And because Annie typically uses the stool in her bathroom, I sealed it again with Minwax wipe-on poly which should prevent the paper from getting wet and coming off.


Much better! And yes, Annie loved it!

Love the Beasts,
Emily

2 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! What a great way to use the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hire wooden chair, event chair, chiavari chair, led bar, vintage chair, artificial tree, eames chair for Weddings, reception parties, Corporate Events, special occasions or Shows.

    ReplyDelete