Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Garden of Girls

HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW?
At a recent estate sale I picked up this book, A Garden of Girls. It's one of the most beautiful books I've ever laid my hands on and it didn't even have the artwork that originally came with it.

The book, published in 1910, is a collection of 32 poems from various poets and artwork by Harrison Fisher.  I wish it came with the color tipped-in illustrations, but the previous owner had taken them all out and framed them. They were selling one of those prints at the sale, but were asking $55 for it. No matter though. I loved the book for the poems and the patterns adorning each page.

Lovely isn't it? Some of the pages are falling out and because the artwork has already been removed, I'm considering framing a few of the poems. Some to keep and some to sell. I already have one antique frame that would match one of these pages beautifully.

0 comments:

Post a Comment